NetSurf is a small, fast, CSS capable web browser for
AmigaOS 3.x. It is based on sdl framebuffer frontend
but adds more functions to GUI.
The 68k code is not related to NetSurf for OS4 and
is not representative of the user interface of NetSurf
on any other platform.
Please report any bugs or requests on official NetSurf-68k BugTracker:
AmigaOS3 sources https://github.com/arczi84/NetSurf68k/tree/amigaos3
Original sources http://source.netsurf-browser.org/
* AmigaOS 3.x
* Picasso / CGX compatible graphic card.
* 64 MB Ram (128MB for complex sites).
* 68020+ CPU with FPU, for usable speed 68060 or emulator is required.
* AfaOS or other program that enables truetype fonts.
* OpenSSL 1.0.0a installed for https://.
* OpenURL for mailto:.
* FFplay in C: for youtube playback (see Aminet)
* Web standards: HTML 4.01 and CSS 2.1
* HTTPS for secure online transactions
* Local history trees
* Hotlist manager (bookmarks)
* Favourite buttons
* Unicode text
* GetVideo plugin
* Save pages complete with images
* Save pages as pdf or png
* Quick search bar
* Web page thumbnailing
* Fast, lightweight layout and rendering engine
* Go back and forward with ctrl/alt * left/right.
* Move to top or bottom with ctrl/alt * up/down.
* F4 - Play multimedia on current site using GetVideo.
* F5 - Refresh.
* F6 - Restart(eg. use it when resizing window).
* Resize of window - adjust screen size
and press reload button with rigth mouse click or F6.
* Delete links from bookmarks - move over link and press Delete.
* Copy/paste link of current website with buttons place
on the right under searchbar.
* Watch videos from supported sites with getvideo - open site with
video you want to watch and press button with "youtube" icon.
Use option gv_action to simplify use of getvideo plugin, optons are :
0 - ask , 1 - play 2 - saveplay , 3 - save. Default is 0.
* Set currently open page as homepage - small button with home.
* Change current search engine - button placed next to search bar.
* Download page or whole website - button with down arrow.
* Open html/text document or browse folders - button with white sheet.
* To change theme use 'theme' option. Name of theme is folder in
Main changlog :
* updated to newest sources (read changelog for all)
* replaced sdl_image with libpng
* replaced dejavu fonts with older one
which are much smaller in size (~600 kb vs ~80kb)
to speedup loading times one real amigas
* reduced exe size from to 5MB (was 7)
* small gui fix
* updated libs:
- libpng 1.6.0
- libfreetype2 2.4.11
* selectable, copyable text
* scrollbar works in frames
* added caret
* updated: - libpng 1.5.13
- libsdl_image 1.2.12
- libturbojpeg 1.2.1
- libcurl 7.28
* updated getvideo 0.32
* works on Aros m68k now
* fixed closing of program
* 16 bit works again
2.9 (SVN r13518)
* changed default theme (adjusted by James Stalham),
it can be changed back from Options file
* linked with libxml 2.7.8
* added saving pages as png
* added more search engines
2.8 (SVN r13055)
* improved loading times
* linked with libcurl 7.22.0
* fixed wikipedia search
* removed ffplay from archive
2.8 release (SVN r12759)
* natami favicon was missing
* better scrollbar buttons
* linked with libpng 1.2.46
* bookmarks.htm was missing
* wrong information about 'Go to bookmarks' button
* revert Choices to Options
2.7 release (SVN r12139)
* added dropdown Url textbox showing recently entered addreses (beta;).
* information of each button function.
* linked with libpng 1.2.44.
* linked with libjpeg v8c.
* cookie support for ppa.pl.
* restart by clicking on reload with RMB or F7.
* quick play multimedia using GetVideo with F4.
* proper display of scalled images (eg. amiga.org poll bars).
* possible speedup by setting incremental_reflow to 0
* labels for bookmarks.
* compiled for 060.
* save page as pdf.
* ffplay with gui (port by Piotr Bandurski).
* Path to cookies and ca-bundle was wrong in previous version.
* Prefs icon was missing.
* With font_min_size option adjust url bar font size if previous
was too big.
2.7 development [21.01.2011]
* Updated to SVN r11431 + frontend.
* improved GUI new features:
+ history tree.
+ better scroller.
+ With new fb_toolbar_size option it is now possible to disable
favourites panel by setting it to 30.
+ With fb_toolbar_layout option you can disable buttons which you
don't want to use.
+ You are able to set fonts path in Options.
Try bitstream vera which may save some resources.
New on Amiga part
* ability to set own favourites. To remove - press right mouse click .
* AmigaPL keymap support. You need to set accept_charset option
in Options file to AmigaPL in order to use it.
* fixed bug which was causing to self typing of letters.
* nicer buttons icons. Compatible with OS 4 themes by Samir Hawamdeh
* F6 key to restart program.
* close button, press right mouse click to restart.
* open and edit options file from within browser.
* changed version numbering to offical.
* Updated to latest SVN r11120.
* Changed download manager to HttpResume which has GUI.
* Added 'mailto:' protocol support. Installed OpenURL needed.
* Updated getvideo to 0.28 (by Juergen Lucas) which fixes YouTube again.
*Added cookies support
(Doesn't work on ppa.pl)
* Updated to latest SVN r10592.
* Updated OpenSSL to 1.0.0a and fixed cURL to 7.21.0
which makes https:// secure sites work.
Install of OpenSSL 1.0.0a needed.
* Updated getvideo to 0.26 (by Juergen Lucas).
* Added option gv_action to simplify use of getvideo plugin,
optons are : 0 - ask , 1 - play 2 - saveplay , 3 - save.
Default is 0.
* Created Bug Tracker on http://www.ppa.pl/bugtracker/index.php?id=4
* Added version information
* Fixed hit
* Updated to latest SVN r10552. Fixes the always 100% CPU load on GIF image,
(eg. inablility to post comments on ppa.pl, a1k.org ).
* Small only Amiga code bug fixes.
* Updated libxml2 to 2.7.7.
* Updated to latest SVN r10518. Fixes bug in Amiga.org layout.
* Updated libz to 1.2.5.
* Updated ixemul.library to 63.1.
* Updated to NetSurf 2.5 release. All changes here:
In short: new cache makes NS two to three times faster.
* Updated libpng to 1.2.43.
* Updated libz to 1.2.4.
* Updated libsdl_image to 1.2.10.
* Updated getvideo to 0.25 (by Juergen Lucas).
* New option 'charset' - put here character set of your country for a proper
local text display. Default is ISO-8859-2.
* added middle mouse button for scrolling,
* improvement - now installer makes backup of currently installed
* new - use own images for buttons (amirul),
* fixed bug with links which wanted to open new window.
target_blank in options file need to be changed from 1 to 0
for this to work,
* added new button to download current page or whole website,
* updated ffplay to SVN-r22669 (port by Piotr Bandurski),
* improvment - ability to browse while downloading,
* updated libpng to 1.2.39,
* updated libsdl to 1.2.14,
* fixed - sometimes buttons stayed pushed,
* fixed - browsing site with left/right works again.
* delete links from bookmarks with Delete key,
* add go back and forward keys with alt+left/right,
* refresh with F5 key,
* more convinient resize of window - adjust screen size
and press restart button (orange rectangle).
* Fixed playing from youtube,
* Updated getvideo to ver. 0.24 (by Juergen Lucas).
* Updated to SVN-r9851,
* Support for more video modes,
* Added go to top/bottom of web page with Ctrl * Up/Down keys
(works with mouse wheel too),
* Scroll more with Shift * Up/Down keys (works with mouse wheel too),
* Updated ffplay (port by Piotr Bandurski),
* Changed navigation buttons.
* Added optimizations. NetSurf should work faster now,
* New, real installer (Alper Sönmez),
* Numpad keys handling,
* Updated getvideo to ver. 0.23.
* Updated getvideo to version 0.22,
* Updated ixemul to ver. 62.1,
* Special chars on title are working,
* Buttons act like real buttons,
* Paste text with Ctrl+V (length of text is limited by size of text area),
* Streaming of videos (install of new ixemul.library is needed),
(see here http://aminet.net/package/comm/www/getvideo for supported sites
(not tested with other than YouTube)),
Play, SavePlay, Save actions added,
* Support for Turkish and German unicode characters,
* Icons for search engines,
* Cursor (alike) in url and search fields,
* 16 bit mode work again in window (32 bit is no longer
required for Netsurf to work).
* New nsfb and css rendering engine,
that makes more pages work correctly
* Scrollbar (to be improved in next releases),
* If screen depth is not 32bit than browser ,
opens in fullscreen in 32bit. On 16 and 24 bit screens
Netsurf work but 32bit +must* be supported by your card,
* Copy/paste url to/from clipboard,
* Change window size requester,
* Choose search engine requester,
* Set homepage feature,
* Getvideo plugin implemented (click on You Tube button to
download and play video with ffplay),
* Install script,
* Polish and German characters support,
* Added Esc key to quit.
* Added Google searchbar,
* Updated to 3.7.2009 SVN,
(More web pages work now f.ex. news.bbc.co.uk),
* Compiled with Gcc 4.3.2,
* Corrected window size when it's equal to Workbench screen,
* Added proxy server option.
* Added Window title caption,
* Added better pointer support,
* Added nicer toolbar icons,
* Added home page button,
* Added favourite sites panel.
* Fixed endianes problem with colors.
* Initial release
Some settings can be overrided in Resources/Options file eg.:
window_width: - window width
window_height: - window height
homepage_url: - your homepage
http_proxy: - set this to "1" if you want to use proxy server
http_proxy_host: - put your host number here
http_proxy_auth: - choose authentication, available options are : 0, 1, 2
http_proxy_port: - default(8080)
Thanks to Bernd Roesch for his bugfixed/improved ixemul/SDL libraries and
big endian rendering fix.
Ken Lester Jr. and Martin Merz for icons.
Alper Sönmez for installer script.
See http://www.netsurf-browser.org for more information about NetSurf.
My website http://artishq.wordpress.com for my other 68k ports.
If you like this soft you can buy me a beer with paypal (arturjarosik gmail